The founding of Grant County Library began with a donation of 200 books in 1914 by Mrs. Margaret Hill McCarter, one of Kansas’ foremost authors of the time. After several moves and remodeling projects, our present building was built. It consists of 22,000 sq ft and three separate levels; each level is specifically designed to accommodate community members by age group – adult, young adult and children.
The Grant County Library is service oriented. Staff and Trustees will always look at the most efficient ways to meet the educational, recreational, cultural and practical needs of individuals in the community regardless of economic/ethnic status. Communication is our best tool. The Board of Trustees, the Administration, and all staff members strive to cooperate with all other community agencies.